In keeping with our seven principles and as social justice allies, our mission is to support and enhance the rights of refugees and immigrants in our community. We provide information; promote understanding and engagement of our fellow UU congregants to these ends.
The Immigrant Justice Action Group will work to:
- Take action to demonstrate and support immigrants as they express their needs.
- Educate fellow congregants on issues facing immigrants in our community.
- Support congregants in becoming allies to immigrants.
- Interface with other organizations and faith groups in Portland working on immigration issues and actively participate in The Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice(IMIrJ).
- Partner with other allied action groups within the Social Justice Council.
ALL ARE WELCOME AT OUR QUARTERLY MEETINGS! We meet every 3-4 months, January, April, June, and September. Come join us to further the human rights work of our congregation. We value collaborative justice work within our congregation and the community at large. For more information, contact
IMMIGRANT JUSTICE TABLE AT FIRST UNITARIAN PORTLAND
Stop by on the 1st and 3rd Sundays
in Fuller Hall during the social hour after each service.
Find out what is new and how you can support our work in the community.
Monthly Meetings of the Interfaith Movement for Immigrant Justice:
Held on the second Tuesday of each month from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, 1704 NE 43rd Ave., Portland
Invitation to Immigrant Justice, Jan. 29, from 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., First Unitarian Buchan Rm. 301B