The Membership Committee is a group of energetic and highly dedicated individuals committed to making First Unitarian Church a welcoming and accessible spiritual community.
Our Mission: The mission of the Membership Committee is to welcome newcomers and visitors, facilitate the membership process, help new members make connections in the church, and assist churchgoers in sustaining their relationship with the church.
• Staff and manage the Sunday service welcome desks and newcomer table
• Assist the minister during the visitor welcome circle after Sunday services
• Support the membership classes – Introduction to Unitarian Universalism and Path to Membership
• Support the monthly new member enrollment ceremonies
• Host an annual new member holiday potluck party
• Host the bi-annual new member receptions at Rev. Disrud’s home
• Support the ministers during the bi-annual new member recognition service
• Engage and mentor new members to help them make connections in the church
• Improve the member engagement literature
• Sponsor annual membership committee auction events
• Produce select member profiles for 150th anniversary celebration